cost of health care
The U.S. has experienced a significant increase in the cost of health care. In 2004, 16% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was spent on health care. In 2010, President Obama signed the “Affordable Health Care for America Act (HR 3962)” that has been a topic of heated debate since discussions began decades ago. Health care funding and design has been a major issue for U.S.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper that addresses the following directives below.
1. Provide a discussion that demonstrates you have an understanding of the impact the cost of health care has on the economy. Be sure to discuss the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
2. Health care legislation impacts an array of factors such as quality of health care, insurance coverage, the free market, etc. Select two to three (2-3) areas impacted by health care legislation such as HR 3962, and provide an argument in support of the health care act and two arguments that are in opposition to such a health care act.
3. Compare the three (3) main types of health insurance in the U.S. and assess the solvency of each. Make a prediction regarding the longevity of each type over the next 30 years.
4. Debate whether or not private health insurance violates the standard principles of insurance.
5. Analyze the evolution of the promotion of health and disease prevention in the U.S. and identify the point at which a clear shift in the thinking in the dominant culture occurred resulting in the greatest impact on the health care insurance system in the U.S.
• The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the different ways of financing the health care system and the impact on individuals.
• Explain the impact that policy, social and financial forces have on health care access and quality of care in the United States.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services organization.
• Write clearly and concisely about health services organization using proper writing mechanics.