1. Elements of drama, 2. Given Circumstances, 3. Playbuilding, 4. Presenting, Appreciating & Assessment
In each topic you need to:
a) provide a definition & explanation of the topic
b) be an exploration of the practical application of the chosen topic in the Primary classroom
c) Demonstrate critical engagement with the topic and critical thinking about Drama in Education (Relate to Australia, NSW&ACT curriculum)
d) Demonstrate evidence of application of knowledge drawn from: the Drama text books, possible activities within the topic and further self-directed research.
1. Elements of drama: practical exercises that introduce and explore the elements of drama as outlined in NSW ad ACT curriculum documents(Australia); including role, focus, tension, movement, sound, language, space, time, mood, symbol and contrast
2. Given circumstances: how to identify and use given circumstances (who, what, where, when, why and how)
3. Playbuilding: Introduction to the dynamic process of playbuilding & a practical application of the drama skills
4. Presenting, Appreciationg & Assessment: An exploration of assessment issues relating to Drama and what makes for effective drama presenstations and how to encourage students to respond constructively to dramatic presentations.