Operating Room (OR) Budget
QUESTION SET 2
Topic: Operating Room (OR) Budget
This question set provides you an opportunity to analyze issues, opportunities, and problems related to the
operating room budget. Each question is worth 8 points each. Please include each question and response into a
Microsoft Word document. Submit as 1 Microsoft Word document in Blackboard. Include a title page, reference page,
and cite responses in current APA format.
1. Identify the key stakeholders who should be involved in or consulted about the budget for the Surgery
2. Identify a 4-step process for prioritizing budget items in the perioperative department budget.
3. Discuss the issues related to buying implants versus taking them on consignment from the vendors.
4. Discuss the importance of service contracts in the OR department.
5. List some of the major differences in an OR staffing budget as compared with staffing budgets in other nursing
units. What are the most important problems related to perioperative staff on call during their off hours?
Questions 1â€“5 . Major points are thoroughly discussed
Thoughtful analysis of material (considering assumptions, analyzing implications, comparing/contrasting concepts
based on the readings from the text)
APA format, citations, spelling, structure, & grammarâ€”required.
I. REQUIRED RESOURCE
Finkler, S. A., & McHugh, M. L. (2008). Budgeting concepts for nurse managers (4th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
American Psychological Association. Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th edition).
Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.