1. Extent to which the work/analysis is focused on the specific question, theme or topic.
2. Structure: Statement of aims in introduction, organisation of material (logical order and flow of discussion), conclusion.
3. Clarity of argument, quality of analysis and fluency in cultural studies terms.
4. Identification of appropriate themes and concepts from the set texts and further reading and their usefulness in the analysis of examples.
5. Use of appropriate evidence to support claims.
6. Adequate and appropriate citation of sources.
7. Presentation: format, spelling, syntax, grammar and expression.